FONT

MORE STORIES


Firefighters use thermal imaging camera to locate, retrieve trapped dogs from home

PHOTO COURTESY OF CROOK COUNTY FIRE AND RESCUE - Crook County Fire and Rescue personnel respond to a garage fire on Sunday morning that spread to the attic.

A garage fire that spread to the attic of a southeast Prineville home Sunday morning did not result in any injuries but involved a dog rescue.

Crook County Fire and Rescue was dispatched to the fire at 6:47 a.m., according to reports. According to the Crook County Sheriff's Office, the house was in the area of Southeast Lynn Boulevard and Southeast Dunham Street. It was reported to be on fire and not all occupants were accounted for. Three engines and one ambulance responded to the scene with 12 firefighters. Crews arrived to find a garage completely involved in fire with fire spreading to the home's attic space. 

The occupants of the home were quickly accounted for, but their dogs were still in the house. Firefighters quickly hit the fire from the exterior and made entry into the home. Using a thermal imaging camera, the firefighters located the dogs inside the smoky house and reunited them with their owners. 

Crook County Sherriff's Office deputies and the Prineville Police Department assisted with the scene. No injuries were reported. According reports, the cause of the fire is likely a wood burning stove inside the garage.

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine