Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.



Firefighters were able to save eight dogs in Monday morning blaze that was potentially ignited by electrical failure

An electrical failure is the most probable cause of a fire that erupted in an outbuilding early Monday morning in the Juniper Canyon area.

According to Crook County Fire and Rescue reports, firefighters responded to the burning 20-foot by 30-foot building on Southeast Davis Loop at about 1:50 a.m. Firefighters from CCFR's Juniper Canyon station were first to arrive on scene, assisted by an engine crew from the agency's main station in downtown Prineville.

In total, two structure engines and one water tender responded to fire with a total of 10 firefighters. Crews were assisted on scene by personnel from Crook County Sheriff's Office.

Crews were able to extinguish the blaze and managed to rescue eight dogs from the structure, however, two dogs were killed.

The cause of the fire is not officially determined, although CCFR reports that the most likely cause was an electrical failure in the structure.

Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It costs just a few cents a day.)

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine