Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.

FONT

SHARE THIS

Facebook Twitter Google+ Email LinkedIn

MORE STORIES


Nobody injured in fire that likely started in a crawl space due to an electrical failure

CROOK COUNTY FIRE AND RESCUE - Crook County firefighters work to contain a house fire that broke out late Saturday morning in southeast Prineville.

An electrical failure in a crawl space is believed to have caused a house fire on Southeast Alley Way in Prineville Saturday morning.

The fire, which was reported shortly before 11 a.m., destroyed the house and burned several nearby outbuildings but nobody was injured.

According to a Crook County Fire and Rescue report, the home's two occupants were in the house at the time of the fire, but they were both able to safely evacuate. Firefighters were able to prevent the fire from spreading to two nearby homes. Fourteen firefighters fought the blaze and three engines, one tender, and ambulance and other staff vehicles responded to the scene.

Red Cross was called in to help the home occupants, and mutual aid assistance was provided by Redmond Fire and Rescue. Crook County Sheriff's Office, Prineville Police Department, Oregon Department of Transportation, Pacific Power and Cascade Natural Gas provided assistance at the scene.


You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.

Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by JoomlaShine.com | powered by JSN Sun Framework