Woodburn Fire District hands out awards
- Pamplin Media Group
- Woodburn Independent - News
The Woodburn Fire District held its annual award banquet Jan. 27. The award recipients were chosen by a committee that met earlier in January to select the honorees from submitted nominations.
"Please join me congratulating these members for their outstanding service to the district and the citizens we serve," Woodburn Fire Chief Joe Budge wrote in a press release.
The following at the 2017 award winners:
• Career Firefighter of the Year: Jeremy Peil
• Paid On-Call Volunteer Firefighter of the Year: Bryan Will
• Chief's Award: Dawn Nelson
In addition to the awards listed above, three members received the Fire Chief's Certificate of Merit for their actions at and leading up to a residential fire on Dec. 29, 2017. Those members are: firefighter/apparatus operator Nick Ryan, firefighter/apparatus operator Ryan Johnson and student firefighter Austin Amaya. These members were also honored at the awards banquet.
And nine members received recognition for their years of service:
• 15 years — Jeremy Peil, Scott Mateson, Darin Unrein
• 20 years — Robb Gramzow, Jon Koenig
• 25 years — Raul Garza Sr.
• 30 years — Mark VanLieu
• 35 years — Bryan Will
• 55 years — Warde Hershberger.