Gladstone schools get Education Foundation grants
After awarding more than $21,000 last fall, the Gladstone Education Foundation awarded nearly $10,000 in spring grants to a variety of projects in Gladstone Schools.
Projects supported include:
1. screenagers film night for all parents
2. disc golf course at Kraxberger Middle School
3. zoo field trip for eighth-graders
4. sensory path at John Wetten Elementary
5. update of child care facilities at John Wetten
6. classroom sound system for John Wetten
"The foundation supports a variety of instructional and enrichment needs that fall outside the district's limited operating budget," said Foundation President Terry Marsh. "There is no better investment than the education and personal growth of the children in our community."
In addition, the Gladstone School District invested $7,370 in Measure 98 funds to support investments at Gladstone High School:
1. supplies for the History and Culture of Foods class
2. welding equipment for the robotics team
3. well-being and happiness studies
4. ultrathrow interactive display projectors for the graphic-design program