Residents of unincorporated Clackamas County are invited to participate in deciding funding priorities for new road fee

Clackamas County is creating the Community Road Fund Advisory Committee to focus on prioritizing congestion relief projects to be funded with revenue from the new countywide vehicle-registration fee.

Residents of unincorporated Clackamas County are invited to participate in this committee, which will focus only on potential road projects outside of cities.

On Feb. 21, Clackamas County commissioners voted 4-1 to approve a $30-per-year vehicle-registration fee, with 40 percent of the proceeds going directly to cities distributed based on population. The fee will go into effect May 24, 90 days after the vote, and will raise an estimated $5.5 million annually.

Of the total funding pool, 50 percent goes to the county's unincorporated areas and 10 percent to a strategic investment fund for the county and cities to fund multijurisdictional projects. The committee will be responsible for analyzing which congestion-relief projects and other road construction should be the top priorites to be funded with the new countywide fee revenue.

The 15-member committee will be based in the Clackamas County's Department of Transportation and Development, and will serve in an advisory capacity to the department and to the Board of County Commissioners. The county is looking for both residents and business people from throughout unincorporated Clackamas County, including both rural and urban areas.

Residents, property owners and business owners in unincorporated Clackamas County are invited to complete an application to be considered to serve on the committee. Since the committee is new, terms of service will be one, two or three years. Once the committee is established, all terms will be for three years.

Applications can be completed at or on a paper form that can be obtained from Public & Government Affairs at 503-655-8751 or in person on the fourth floor of the Public Services Building, 2051 Kaen Road, Oregon City.

All applications must be turned in by 6 p.m. Monday, May 6.

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine