Back to School Success Plan
With the start of the school year right around the corner,
we remind you that your child's health is important to consider when planning for a successful school year.
Regardless of the age of your child, changes in schedules,
stress, and germs, can all lead to a weakened immune
system. We are here to help. Here are some tips to get
started off right.
• Schedule a Well Child Check and Sports Physical now. This is not only a time to check milestones and assure
all necessary immunizations are up-to-date, but also a time
for parents to ask questions and for providers to talk to the child about safety and healthy habits. An extended exam will allow time for paperwork and other issues that may need to be addressed before playing a sport.
• Assure a good sleep schedule. Getting the right amount of sleep is important in mental and physical development. Children and teens require about 9 to 11 hours of sleep per night. Teens require more sleep than younger children and older adults
• Eat a healthy breakfast (and lunch). Poor nutrition leads to listlessness and an increased inability to concentrate.
• Teach kids to wash their hands often. Trust us, this is important! While you're at it, remind them to sneeze into their elbow and not their hands; this will help prevent
the spread of germs.
• Keep room in the schedule for some free time (time to
play freely, spend quality time with family, relax, etc.) Some down-time is very important.
Maple Street Clinic P.C.
1825 MAPLE ST.,
FOREST GROVE, OR 97116