Firefighters were able to prevent the fire from spreading. No injuries were reported.

An RV parked by an abandoned home on Hawthorne Street in Forest Grove was reportedly destroyed by fire by early Thursday morning, March 22.

Dave Nemeyer, a spokesman for Forest Grove Fire & Rescue, said crews were called out close to midnight to respond to the blaze. Firefighters contained the fire and confirmed no one had been injured, according to Nemeyer.

"This location has a bit of history as an abandoned home with transient/squatting issues, and apparently the transient person who owns this RV was not on scene at the time of the fire," Nemeyer told the News-Times in an email later Thursday.

The cause of the fire is believed to have been a heater powered by a generator on-site, Nemeyer added.

Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It can cost as little as 3 cents a day.)

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine