Forest Grove Police Log: May 4-10
During the week, Forest Grove police officers were engaged in more than 401 activities, both reported and self-initiated.
Friday, May 4
• A local gym reported that a man came into the establishment, pulled a mask over his head and performed several martial arts moves before attempting to access the women's bathroom. Police assisted in moving him along and trespassed him from the location. The same man was arrested shortly after for causing a scene at a nearby convenience store.
• Night shift officers were called to a fight between multiple individuals at a party where a few responsible friends confiscated the keys from a highly intoxicated man who had left and returned to the party while drunk. The man was arrested for driving under the influence of intoxicants and disorderly conduct.
• An auto parts store reported multiple items had been taken from the location. Officers contacted a man matching the description, who denied taking anything from the auto parts store but admitted to stealing from a hardware store.
Saturday, May 5
• Police responded to a local business where a man was seen on the roof, possibly preparing to jump. The man gave officers conflicting and suspicious explanations to officers about why he was perched at the location, but officers ultimately helped him down and into a police car.
• A caller reported a large number of men swearing and fighting one another. Officers arrived to find a Cinco de Mayo celebration in progress where one man was being unruly, but no physical altercations had occurred. The man was advised to calm down.
• Night shift officers contacted a "grumpy and verbally aggressive" man walking down the street pushing a lawnmower. Officers took the mower for safekeeping after arresting the man on an outstanding warrant. He was taken to jail.
Sunday, May 6
• A man reported that an argument with his girlfriend had gotten out of control. Police located the girlfriend wielding a knife and attempting to gain entry into their residence. She was arrested for menacing and unlawful use of a weapon.
• A swing shift officer contacted a man, noticeably intoxicated, seen acting erratically along Main Street late at night. The man admitted to the officer that he had been drinking but then refused police commands to stay seated, threatening to fight and kill the officer. The officer utilized pepper spray and the man was taken into custody.
• Night shift officers responded to a location where an altercation between multiple intoxicated family members escalated to the point of a physical fight in which one member allegedly attempted to retrieve a rifle to kill another. Police arrested the subject and the weapon was seized.
Monday, May 7
• A caller reported that a smoke shop double-charged her father's credit card. Officers are investigating.
• An officer located a woman in a vehicle who appeared to be unconscious. The woman advised she had just put in eye drops and was simply resting.
• A caller reported that she had been fired from a business for not cleaning the business to the owner's standards and that the owner had been verbally aggressive. She was advised this is not a police issue.
Tuesday, May 8
• Officers contacted a woman who was seen face-down in the grass along Pacific Avenue. The woman was simply napping. Officers advised it was perhaps not the best location for a snooze.
• A business reported a suspicious man inside the location was acting erratically and seemed disoriented. The man told police he was experiencing mental health issues; officers transported him to a mental health resource center in Hillsboro.
• Officers attempted to contact a man with an outstanding warrant at his place of residence. On seeing the officers, the man initially hid inside the home but jumped off the back deck and fled. A K-9 unit was called, but the search was unsuccessful.
Wednesday, May 9
• Officers responded to a location where a driver crashed into a fire hydrant, sending it a fair distance on impact. The woman was sent to the hospital to assess injuries but was also cited for reckless driving.
• Police investigated a woman who was allegedly using their child's medication. Police found that the mother was prescribed the same medication.
• A caller reported multiple suspicious individuals near a vehicle that hadn't been moved in several days. Officers matched the vehicle to two individuals known to police; on contact, the vehicle's owners said they would move it.
Thursday, May 10
• Officers contacted two women seen screaming at each other and banging their heads on their vehicle. The women explained it was an argument over money and food stamps and that one was banging her head on the car out of frustration. They were advised to quiet down and avoid smashing their head into solid objects.
• A lounge employee reported a young man wearing a "Gilligan's Island" hat sleeping on a bench near the location. The man had previously been trespassed from the location, but officers were unable to locate him.
• A caller reported that their car had been broken into and fishing equipment stolen during the night. Officers are investigating.
Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It can cost as little as 3 cents a day.)