Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.



This week's calls include: 'prowling' police, headphones as a weapon and eviction confusion.

Friday, Sept. 25

• People with flashlights were seen near in an alley. The caller stated one of the people may have a holster and may be high on meth. The prowlers were actually a FGPD sergeant and an officer in the area, both had holsters, but neither were high on meth.

• A citizen reported a male was banging on their door and asking them to call the police. A subject was located and was thought to be under the influence of a narcotic. The subject believed people were following him. No one was following the subject and he was advised of such. Curiously, this was not far from where officers were called in as suspicious persons.

• A caller reported she provided personal information to someone claiming to be from the unemployment office. The caller told officers she provided security questions including social security number, birth date and address. The FGPD reminds everyone not to disclose such information to persons who are calling or emailing you.

Saturday, Sept. 26

• A caller reported their spouse was threatening suicide with a firearm. The spouse then left the location alone in a vehicle. Deputies located the vehicle at a local business where the spouse was in the vehicle and refusing to come out. An officer was able to contact the subject by telephone and build a rapport with them. The subject was subsequently convinced to exit the vehicle and was taken into custody on a Peace Officer Hold.

• A caller reported their son was having behavioral health issues and threatened to kill their cat. The son subsequently approached an officer on an unrelated call holding an airsoft gun. The airsoft was very similar in appearance to a real firearm. The son was cooperative and officers talked the son into going to the hospital for mental health assistance.

• A caller reported they were in a verbal dispute with their spouse who then threatened suicide with a firearm. The caller stated they had fled the house with their child. Officers responded and were able to make contact with the caller and child. The spouse was very intoxicated and officers were able to get them on the phone and convince them to come outside and talk with officers. The subject was taken in to custody on a Peace Officer Hold.

Sunday, Sept. 27

• A caller reported that a subject claiming to be a detective had telephoned them and told them to report to jail at 9 a.m. The caller was advised not to go to the jail and the caller was likely not a detective.

• A caller reported that they were assaulted by their daughter who had hit them in the face with headphones. The caller stated that the argument was generated over washing dishes that the daughter wanted to wash. The daughter was arrested for assault and taken to the jail.

• A citizen reported that a female attendee at a birthday party, the prior evening at the location, had left with another person. The caller stated that the husband of the female in question was now threatening to come to the location. The caller was advised to call if the male showed up at the location and if the female was not located.

Monday, Sept. 28

• A caller reported that they had paid a neighbor to move their couch out to the street for pick-up and someone had moved it back to their yard. The caller was advised to contact the garbage company for collection.

• A citizen reported two males yelling at each other. Officers contacted a subject known to police who said he was yelled at by another male and had run from the area. Officers were then flagged down by the male who complained about the other subject being too loud. Unfortunately, this subject had a warrant for his arrest and was taken to the jail.

• A citizen reported that they were charging their phone at a local business and when they returned the phone was gone. When the citizen contacted the business owner, they were told to leave.

Tuesday, Sept. 29

• The citizen from the prior day called and reported that the business owner and phone were at the location. The business owner had removed the caller's phone from an exterior outlet. Officers contacted the business owner who denied having phone, then told the officer to leave. The business owner later called to report a theft of services and a person later turned the phone into the police department as found property.

• A caller reported that their brother was suicidal and had sent a photograph of himself with a handgun in his mouth. Officers contacted the subject as they exited their residence. The subject stated that they had just broken up with their girlfriend as the girlfriend was not making him feel valued in the relationship. The subject was taken in to custody on a Peace Officer Hold.

• A citizen reported that her boyfriend had thrown her phone out of the vehicle, choked her, threw her out of a parked car, and then drove off running over her legs with the vehicle. The female was checked by medical personnel and the family subsequently took her to a local hospital. The subject left the scene prior to officers arriving but was arrested later in the week for assault, strangulation, and Interfering with Calling 911.

Wednesday, Sept. 30

• Officers responded to a dispute over what tow company was going to tow a vehicle. A vehicle owner had originally called one tow company and they did not respond for several hours so the vehicle owner contacted another towing service. The original tow company arrived as the other tow company was hooking up the car and it took police intervention to help mediate.

• A night officer observed a Honda with no front license plate cutting through a business parking lot. The officer turned into another parking lot to turn around and attempt to stop the vehicle as it went east on the highway. The suspect vehicle instead, drove into another business parking lot and then drove into an apartment complex where the driver abandoned the vehicle. The vehicle was discovered to be a stolen and after a short investigation the driver was located and taken into custody.

• A caller reported he asked a landscaper not to spray chemicals and they threatened him. The caller was advised that no crime occurred based on the information and that the incident was documented.

Thursday, Oct. 1

• A caller was upset because he received an eviction notice with his girlfriend's name on it and she has never lived at the location. Caller was advised of the civil nature of the issue and was provided resources.

• A caller reported a subject was in the bathroom at a business and may be using drugs. The subject had scared an employee. Officers contacted the subject and the business did not want to trespass them. The subject was fined and denied any drug use although they were acting very agitated and had a difficult time standing still.

• A caller reported their niece's ex-boyfriend, who lives in the Midwest, was harassing them. The caller wanted advice regarding how to deal with the situation. The caller was provided information about Restraining Orders and the possibilities of blocking/changing their phone numbers.

You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.

Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by | powered by JSN Sun Framework