Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.



This week's calls include: a neighbor with pepper spray, a very intoxicated driver and a fake job.

Friday, Oct. 9

Officers took a report from a woman who stated her son is a convicted felon and shot a gun off in the back yard before leaving in a vehicle. She had reported this information to her son's parole officer who told her to call police. She thought he was irritated due to drug use. The subject was located later that day and taken into custody for several crimes.

Officers responded to a report from a man who stated his neighbor was very intoxicated and raging in their apartment hallway. He pepper-sprayed the woman and then he and his girlfriend locked themselves in their apartment. The woman was very loud and uncooperative when police arrived and ultimately opened her door. She was cited for criminal trespass for entering the neighbor's residence without permission. She calmed down and agreed to go to sleep for the night. She was also checked by medical personnel prior to the officers leaving.

Officers responded to a report that a man had fallen and injured his head on the pavement, was bleeding and being very uncooperative. The man tried running across the street and fell again. He had to be restrained to a gurney and was taken to a hospital on a civil detox.

Saturday, Oct. 10

An officer stopped a stolen vehicle occupied by two men. The driver was taken into custody, while the passenger walked away. Officers located the passenger near a local restaurant, and he ran. Following a foot pursuit through area back yards the suspect was apprehended. After further investigation it was discovered he had several warrants from Washington state and was in possession of methamphetamine.

Officers responded to a report of an intoxicated motorist at a local food vender. The vehicle was located nearby and was seen driving all over the road. The officer attempted to stop the vehicle, but it continued a short distance before pulling into a driveway. A man was taken into custody for driving under the influence of intoxicants and his blood alcohol content was measured at nearly four times the legal limit. Officers made contact with an elderly woman who appeared confused and lost. She had walked away from a local care facility and was returned home.

Sunday, Oct. 11

Officers responded to a report of an unknown man that entered a vacant apartment. The property management company was contacted and confirmed the apartment should be vacant. There were no obvious signs of recent activity and no one was found on the premises.

Officers responded to a report of a fight in progress in the roadway. Contact was made with a man and woman who were arguing. The man left to get a room at the local motel.

Monday, Oct. 12

Officers responded to a report of an aggressive man, possibly intoxicated, trying to start a fight and allegedly asking his mother for drug money. He was contacted and there were no crimes noted. The parties went their separate ways. Later, officers responded to a welfare check requested by the same man, who was now at the library parking lot. He asked to have his mother checked on, whom he thought may be assassinated. He was clearly in a mental health crisis. Assistance was sought from the Mental Health Response Team (MHRT) who placed a mental hold on him. Officers responded to report of a woman who locked herself in a bathroom at a local business and was possibly on drugs. She left the scene but was located near a neighboring business and was trespassed.

Tuesday, Oct. 13

Officers responded to a report from a woman who stated she allowed a man she had just met to drive her vehicle and drop her off in Portland the prior day. The man then took her vehicle to another destination without permission. The car is currently missing.

Officers responded to a report of a fight between two kids in the park that started over a TikTok video. There were no injuries. The parents were notified and took the kids home. All parties were warned about park exclusions and other consequences.

Wednesday, Oct. 14

Officers responded to a report from a local business that a woman passed a counterfeit $20 bill. The currency in question appeared to be legit but the business' counterfeit pen indicated it was fraudulent. The bill was taken to a local bank and it was determined it was not counterfeit. The bank swapped the marked-up bill for a clean one. The woman who passed the money was located and given the bill back.

Officers responded to a report from a woman who stated she had accepted a job via an online site. She received a check for $4,855 and was instructed to deposit it. She was only owed $750 and was told she would be instructed on what to do with the balance. The check was not valid, and it was determined she was the victim of a scam.

You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.

Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by | powered by JSN Sun Framework