Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.



This week's calls include: giving a troubled woman a sandwich, an intoxicated worker and a rodent of unusual size.

Friday, Dec. 18

A caller reported a verbal argument with his female associate had gotten out of hand and she was now tearing up the house and attempting to assault him. Officers arrived and found the woman to be under the influence of drugs, which was a violation of her probation; she was arrested.

A caller reported an unknown person had smashed out their vehicle window and stolen a shopping bag full of items and an emergency kit. The FGPD reminds citizens that items left inside parked vehicles are enticing to thieves, particularly shopping bags during the holiday season.

A fast-food restaurant employee reported a woman was at the location acting agitated and erratic. On arrival, officers found a woman with whom police had contact at the same location a week prior. She was deemed to be able to care for herself and agreed to move along after being warned not to return. Police contacted her a short while later after a different restaurant called her in as well. Officers provided her with a sandwich and contacted her roommate, who agreed to pick her up.

Saturday, Dec. 19

A local hotel reported a man at the location was attempting to steal propane tanks by throwing them over the property fence to a waiting vehicle. An officer located the suspected vehicle nearby as it was traveling along Highway 47. It was ultimately determined that no theft had actually occurred; however, the driver was issued citations for driving while suspended and for having no insurance.

Officers responded to a location where a man and woman were reportedly engaged in an altercation outside their apartment. On contact police found the pair were not in any sort of fight, just intoxicated and oblivious to their volume. They agreed to go inside for the night.

A caller reported that while attempting to order lunch from a local restaurant, they could see an employee in the back who appeared unconscious. Police arrived and were able to rouse the employee, finding him heavily intoxicated but otherwise medically sound. No crime; he was assisted by a family friend in getting home.

Sunday, Dec. 20

A caller reported a suspicious vehicle was parked in her parking spot at her apartment complex. While online with dispatch, the caller got into a verbal argument with the owner of the suspicious vehicle who, upon arrival, officers learned was also a resident of the complex. Both parties were advised to take up the parking space issue with property management.

A caller reported he witnessed a man enter a neighboring carport, conceal an object underneath his coat, then flee the location on a bicycle after the caller confronted him. A K-9 unit was enlisted to track the subject but was canceled after police contacted the neighbor and determined no vehicles had been entered nor anything stolen.

Officers responded to a second-hand store where the same woman from two nights prior had been called in as, again, acting strangely. The woman advised she was waiting for the bus. While on scene, another woman with whom police are well acquainted exited the store from which she had previously been forbidden to return. She was cited for trespassing.

Monday, Dec. 21

A caller reported a trailer at a jobsite had been broken into and thousands of dollars-worth of tools and supplies had been taken. Officers are investigating.

Police responded to a residence where two suspicious individuals were seen digging through trash cans, entering a garage and walking away carrying a load of fishing equipment. The suspects were located in the vicinity; one suspect was arrested and lodged for Burglary 1.

A caller reported a large, aggressive nutria was under her lawn furniture and scaring her children. The unusual-sized rodent was gone upon police arrival.

A hardware store reported a man left the location with a washboard he neglected to pay for. Officers were unable to locate anyone matching the suspect's description in the area; police continue to investigate.

Tuesday, Dec. 22

A caller reported their ex-girlfriend took property from his residence. Officers are investigating.

A caller reported a suspicious vehicle was idling in an alley in the middle of the night, possibly connected to drug-related activity. Officers located the vehicle and driver who advised he was dropping off a friend.

A caller reported the catalytic converter from their pickup had been taken overnight. Officers are investigating.

Wednesday, Dec. 23

Officers were called to a local store parking lot where an argument between three men was reportedly escalating to a physical altercation. On arrival, police found only words had been exchanged. All parties agreed to go their separate ways.

Police responded to a shopping center where a fight between a man and woman was reported outside one of the stores late at night. The female half had left prior to police arrival, however the male advised that no physical contact had actually occurred. No crime.

A concerned caller reported they had received a voice message from an unnamed sergeant at the FGPD regarding a non-specific "criminal matter." Officers advised that the message was bogus and possibly a scammer. They remind citizens that Forest Grove police officers will always identify themselves by name when contacting citizens by phone.

Thursday, Dec. 24

A caller reported a woman had left her baby unattended in a vehicle in a store parking lot. On arrival, officers found the infant locked in the vehicle and promptly located the mother. The issue and potential crime were discussed in length with the young and very remorseful mother.

Officers were called to a reported domestic disturbance at an apartment complex in the middle of the night. On arrival police found an alcohol-fueled holiday party during which one individual fell headlong onto the floor. All agreed to quiet down.

A woman asked police to do a welfare check on her husband who was supposed to go to the hospital but never showed up, advising she was out of town and he was not answering the phone. Police located the husband at his residence and found he was fine.

You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.

Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by | powered by JSN Sun Framework