Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.



This week's calls include: beer hearsay, a noisy neighbor and a botched burglary.

Friday, March 5

A caller reported a man was "freaking out" inside of a van parked at a hardware store. Officers contacted the occupant, who was clearly under the influence of a stimulant, which happened to be a violation of his probation. He was lodged at the jail.

A caller reported they had contacted a tech company to dispute a sale of a software purchase he did not make, providing the company virtual access to his computer, which they then used to access his bank account to reportedly reverse the charges. The supposed tech company then advised the caller to purchase multiple $500 gift cards from Target and supply the company with codes and pins for those cards, which he did. Officers are investigating but remind citizens to never give remote access permission to anyone over the phone and that no legitimate company would require payment via gift cards.

A caller reported that a case of beer had been stolen from a convenience store late at night. On contact, police found the caller didn't actually see the theft but had been advised by a customer, who did not leave any contact information. Police performed an area check but found no one in the area.

Saturday, March 6

While on patrol, a swing shift officer spotted a man known to have an outstanding felony warrant sitting in a vehicle outside a convenience store. The man was contacted and taken into custody without incident. He was lodged at the jail.

Officers responded to a report of a hit-and-run on Laurel Street where a pickup had crashed into a parked car at what appeared to be a high rate of speed; the driver was observed by the caller fleeing on foot. A K-9 unit was deployed to attempt to track the suspect, but to no avail. Officers contacted the registered owner, who initially reported the vehicle was stolen, but during the interview, she revealed she knew who was driving the pickup. The investigation continues.

A patrol officer was flagged down by a citizen who had questions about a crash she had been in. During the course of the conversation, the officer learned the citizen's license had been suspended and that she shouldn't have been driving at all. She was issued a citation.

Police are investigating after a caller reported receiving highly specific, grisly, threatening messages suggesting bodily harm that included information about the caller, likely obtained via social media, demanding the caller send funds.

Sunday, March 7

A caller reported a suspicious man walking through a mobile home neighborhood passed the caller's house and asked if the caller wanted to engage in various sexual acts with him. The man was gone upon police arrival, and officers were unable to locate anyone matching his description in the area.

A caller reported their upstairs neighbor stomps excessively. Officers mediated the issue with the two tenants.

Police responded to a residence where a fight between an adult son and his parents was reportedly escalating. On contact, officers found the son was loudly expressing frustration and the exchange had been verbal only. The son calmed down once his wife arrived home. No crime.

Monday, March 8

A patrol officer spotted a man with an outstanding felony warrant walking along Main Street near the university. He was arrested on the warrant and taken to jail.

A caller reported a group of teenagers in a vehicle flipped him off after he confronted them about consuming alcohol. Officers arrived and found the only one who had consumed alcohol was a 21-year-old passenger; all parties advised the altercation was verbal only. No crime.

A citizen flagged down a police officer in a residential area to report that their adult son, who had been ordered to stay away from the property had returned. Officers located the son nearby and arrested him for violating the restraining order. He was taken to jail.

Tuesday, March 9

Night shift officers responded to a church from which multiple alarms had been tripped. Police found a window open and signs someone had made entry to the location, as well as items that had been moved around. A K-9 search was unsuccessful. It was determined that nothing was actually missing. Police are investigating.

A caller reported a subject was attempting to gain entry into a parked vehicle with a wire hanger in a shopping center parking lot. Officers contacted the subject, who had locked her keys in her own car. No crime.

A caller reported an intoxicated man had urinated on the wall of their apartment complex laundry room, possibly exposing himself to a juvenile. Officers were unable to locate anyone matching the subject's description in the area.

Police responded to an apartment complex where an elderly resident reported her husband and two adult kids had showed up at the house but were refusing to leave or even talk to her. On arrival, officers found no one but the caller in the apartment and learned the husband had passed away four years ago. The caller was cleared by medical and encouraged to contact her doctor for further evaluation, which she agreed to do.

Wednesday, March 10

A caller reported she had been cut off in traffic and that she had proceeded to follow the driver to a restaurant, where she confronted them, which prompted the other driver to yell and use some choice language in front of the caller's child. Police determined nothing criminal had occurred and advised the parties to go their own way and call back should any further issues arise.

A caller requested police check on their friend, who had made suicidal statements. Officers responded to the friend's residence but were unable to find her. Police were, however, able to contact her via phone; she stated she was not feeling suicidal but refused to provide police with her location.

A caller reported their vehicle had been struck by another vehicle in a hotel parking lot sometime over the weekend. Officers are investigating.

Thursday, March 11

A caller reported possible human trafficking happening at a local business that was hiring and conducting in-person interviews, but had "bogus" information on their website and a supposedly disconnected phone number. A quick investigation led officers to believe the information and business were legitimate and that no criminal activity was occurring.

A caller reported a man approached them in the park asking if he could play pickleball with them. On arrival, police found the man playing with another group. The caller was advised to contact police if the man caused any further issues.

A caller reported their child was approached by an unknown man after dance class who allegedly told the child he was a friend of their mother, that the mother was in the hospital and that he had been instructed to pick up the child. The child ran away and was picked up by their father. Police are investigating.

You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.

Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by | powered by JSN Sun Framework