Free webinar offered on the impacts of COVID-19
The State of Oregon Employment Department is offering a free webinar for Forest Grove and Hillsboro area businesses from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, May 6.
Oregon Employment Department Workforce Analyst Brandon Schrader will be the keynote speaker, and the state labor economist will closely address the impacts of COVID-19 in the greater Washington County area.
There is not cost and the discussion will cover topics including:
• Current economic data from the Oregon Employment Department to see where trends are headed.
• A review of leading economic indicators for Oregon which may show us where the economy is headed.
• Employment projections for the Portland Tri-County area to assess growing industries seeking talented labor to drive their business success.
The webinar is part of a bigger Small Business Workshop Series being offered by the state's employment department. There have been six prior workshops to this point, including:
• Workshop 1 — Managing Business Finances Through COVID
• Workshop 2 — Restaurant Preparation for Fall/Winter Sales
• Workshop 3 — Supporting Entrepereneurs in Washington County
• Workshop 4 — Digital Media for Business Owners
• Workshop 5 — Paycheck Protection Program: Learn how to submit a successful funding application
• Workshop 6 — Small Business Pandemic Recovery funding Options: What's new, what's changed, what's next?
All six of the previous workshops in addition to future ones, along with further information about each can be found and downloaded online at https://www.tigard-or.gov/business/small_business_webinar.php
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.