Support Local Journalism!        

Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.



This week's calls include: a suspicious sleepy spouse, a stranger with wood, and a premature death call.

Editor's note: Police logs are a partial accounting of law enforcement calls, based on activity reports and descriptions generated by participating police departments. All persons accused of a crime are legally considered to be innocent until proven guilty.

Friday, Dec. 24

A late-night caller reported a person in a trench coat was banging on their door in the middle of the night. Officers were unable to find anyone in the area; Santa Claus was ruled out as a suspect.

Police responded to a residence from which yelling and screaming could be heard. On arrival, police found two individuals embroiled in a heated argument, but they determined nothing criminal had occurred. The individuals agreed to separate and leave each other alone for the day.

A caller requested a welfare check on their spouse after the spouse was reportedly "acting strange." Police checked on the spouse, who advised they were fine, just tired and on their way to bed.

Saturday, Dec. 25

Police responded to a residence from which an incomplete 9-1-1 call had originated, during which the call taker could hear some type of disturbance. On arrival, police found an argument over an individual wearing out their welcome had escalated; though tempers had flared, police found no evidence of anything criminal, and the unwanted party left without incident.

A caller reported someone laying on the sidewalk along Main Street in the middle of the freezing-cold night. Officers contacted the man, who advised he was experiencing a medical issue; he was transported to the hospital for evaluation.

A caller reported they could hear what sounded like a child screaming near an apartment complex off and on late at night. Officers searched the area and found some local children had been playing in the snow but had since gone in for the night. No crime.

Sunday, Dec. 26

Officers assisted numerous motorists who had trouble navigating the snowy, icy roads. Police also received numerous calls about drivers "doing cookies" or intentionally driving erratically in the wintry conditions. The alleged cookie-cutters were gone upon police arrival.

A local hotel reported two individuals had gotten into an alcohol-fueled altercation that appeared to have turned into a pushing match. Police found both subjects noticeably intoxicated and annoyed with one another but found that only words had been exchanged. They agreed to separate and quiet down for the night.

A caller reported a man was standing at an intersection along 19th Avenue looking as though he was attempting to cross the street, but then lobbed snowballs at cars as they slowed to let him by. Officers conducted an area check but were unable to find anyone in the area.

Monday, Dec. 27

A caller reported a suspicious person on their street who appeared to either be either stealing the caller's utility trailer or dropping off wood at the neighbors' house. Upon police arrival, it was determined the would-be thief was in fact delivering wood the neighbor had ordered.

Police responded to a location from which an incomplete 9-1-1 call had originated. On arrival, the presumed caller reported they had gotten into an altercation with a man who was no longer on scene but had a no contact order with the caller in addition to being wanted for several crimes. He was ultimately traced to an apartment in Aloha and arrested; he was lodged at the jail on a litany of charges, including robbery, theft, criminal mischief and computer crimes, among others.

A caller reported a man was inside a bank sleeping on a couch reserved for waiting customers. Upon officer contact, the man suddenly started to slumber even more soundly and quite dramatically, which proved unconvincing to officers. Police were able to identify him and then assisted him in sleepwalking his way out of the business, from which he was formally trespassed.

Tuesday, Dec. 28

Officers are investigating after a vehicle caused several thousand dollars' worth of damage by driving through the snow on school district property.

Night shift officers responded to a report of a collision off Forest Gale Drive where a single vehicle took out a small tree and crashed into a light pole. The driver advised they had fallen asleep at the wheel. No injuries were reported.

Officers were called to a local hotel and asked to check on a guest who had overstayed their check-out time and from whose room a burning smell was emanating. Officers contacted the guest, who had burned some popcorn, and advised him to leave, which he did without incident.

A caller reported a decorative Santa Claus was stolen from their porch.

Wednesday, Dec. 29

A caller reported their vehicle was stolen from outside their residence overnight. Police are investigating.

A driver reported an argument with their passenger broke out while they were driving during which the passenger punched the driver in the face, knocking off the driver's glasses and causing minor injury. The passenger was arrested and lodged at the jail.

Police responded to a report of an elderly woman found unconscious and not breathing at her residence in the middle of the night. Officers arrived and began CPR and were soon joined by Forest Grove Fire & Rescue. After approximately 35 minutes of CPR, medical declared time of death. However, while clearing the scene, the woman's pulse returned. She was transported to the hospital.

Thursday, Dec. 30

A caller reported they found a man in the driver seat of the caller's car parked outside a local hotel, and that the man left the area when confronted by the caller. The man was gone upon police arrival and officers were unable to find anyone in the area.

A night shift officer stopped a vehicle for speeding along Highway 47, only to find the driver had an outstanding felony warrant. He was cited for the speeding and lodged at the jail for the warrant.

A caller reported a stranger approached them at a shopping center, asked for marijuana, attempted to grab them, then spit in the caller's eye when the caller pulled away. Police found the subject at the location who admitted to spitting. They were issued a hefty citation and agreed to move along.

You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.

Have a thought or opinion on the news of the day? Get on your soapbox and share your opinions with the world. Send us a Letter to the Editor!

Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by | powered by JSN Sun Framework