10 ways for families to have fun this winter
The coming winter months are the season for family time.
Guests come to town and gather at your home during holiday breaks, there are several long weekends where everyone may be off from school or work, plus we often head indoors together to take cover from our winter weather.
Fortunately, Oregon's Mt. Hood Territory has family-friendly activities that will keep everyone happy, and won't require you to bundle up and head out into the snow.
1. Watch your kids cruise down the tunnel slides or soar high on a trampoline while you lounge nearby, enjoying a local brew or glass of wine in front of a big screen TV at Wippersnappers in Sandy.
2. Rev up your engines in one of three world-class racing simulators at World of Speed Motorsports Museum in Wilsonville. Marvel at the incredible collections of everything fast and be one of the first to experience the new Mustang exhibit.
3. Make a splash at the North Clackamas Aquatic Park with the largest wave pool in Oregon and awesome waterslides, making it feel like summer despite the colder temperatures outside.
4. Formerly known as the Family Fun Center, Bullwinkle's Entertainment in Wilsonville has reopened after a two-year renovation. It's an even better place to bring family of all ages, now with a bowling alley and new arcade games, in addition to many fun classics, such as miniature golf!
5. Check out the augmented reality display at the Museum of the Oregon Territory in Oregon City and other hands-on exhibits rich with history.
6. Test your history buff skills in Oregon City at the official End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center, which features interactive exhibits showcasing pioneer life.
7. Expand your culinary skills by registering for a winter comfort food class or share the experience at a family cooking class at the Kitchen at Middleground Farms in Wilsonville, utilizing local and seasonal ingredients. Plus, say hi to their adorable jersey cows, llama and goats!
8. The North American Bigfoot Center in Boring is the newest museum in Mt. Hood Territory. Whether you are part of this elusive creature's cult following of believers or one of the skeptics, it'll spark a fun conversation and be an entertaining experience.
9. Alpaca the bags, you 'paca the family and head to Alpacas at Marquam Hill Ranch in Molalla. With 80+ of these cuties on the farm, you can take a tour to meet these friendly souls year-round.
10. Form a family team at Ultrazone Laser Tag in Milwaukie, with the largest and only multi-level arena in Mt. Hood Territory, and work together to come away victorious.
No matter how you choose to enjoy Oregon's Mt. Hood Territory this winter, be sure to start planning your adventures at mthoodterritory.com.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.