FONT

MORE STORIES


This article brought to you courtesy of Karen Sottile of Natrue's Pet Market, Gresham Outlook Pet Care Insider Expert.

Karen Sottile

We love our pets and we want to spoil them and share with them, slipping them treats or rewarding good behavior with food. But there are many things we eat or drink that are actually dangerous for our pets. Check the list below and if your pet ingests any of these call your vet or the ASPCA Animal Poison control Center at 888-426-4435 right away.

Alcohol. No one who loves animals would deliberately give their pet alcohol, but if it is accidentally ingested it can cause vomiting, diarrhea, coma or death.

Chocolate, coffee and caffeine. These can cause vomiting, diarrhea, panting, tremors and seizures. Dark chocolate is more dangerous than milk chocolate.

Grapes, currents and raisins. Kidney failure in dogs can result if these are eaten.

Raw or undercooked meat, eggs and bones. Just like humans, animals may become sick with Salmonella or E.coli. Make sure you cook these and avoid bones that can may become lodged in or puncture your pet's digestive tract.

Yeast dough. This can rise and cause gas to build up in the stomach causing bloating or life threatening twisting.

Other substances which may not be fatal but can cause discomfort are dairy products, nuts, citrus and salty foods like pretzels and chips.

At Nature's Pet Market in Gresham we stock natural, organic food and treats that are safe, sustainable and healthy for your pet. Ask our knowledgeable and helpful staff for recommendations.

Nature's Pet Market

901 S.W. Highland Drive, Suite P

Gresham, OR 97080

971-220-1501

www.naturespetmarket.com

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine