Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.



This article brought to you courtesy of Karen Sottile of Nature's Pet Market, Gresham Outlook Pet Care Expert.

Karen Sottile

The fall weather is a nice change for our pets that have been suffering from the summer heat. The crisp weather is perfect for walks and romps in the park. But autumn has its perils. Keep reading for fall safety tips from the ASPCA.

The use of rat and mouse poisons increase in the fall as rodents attempt to move indoors. Rodenticides are highly toxic to pets and, if eaten, could be fatal. If you must use them, put them in places inaccessible to your pets.

Many people choose fall as the time to change their car's engine coolant. Ethylene glycol-based coolants are highly toxic, so spills should be cleaned up immediately. Consider switching to propylene glycol-based coolants—though they aren't completely nontoxic, they are much less toxic than other engine coolants.

Fall is mushroom season. The best way to prevent pets from ingesting these poisonous plants is to keep them away from areas where any mushrooms are growing. Contact your veterinarian or the  HYPERLINK "" ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at (888) 426-4435 immediately if you witness your pet eating a wild mushroom.

Snakes are preparing for hibernation, increasing the possibility of bites to those unlucky pets who find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time. Pet parents should know those snakes are most likely to be found—so pets can be kept out of those areas.

Stop into Nature's Pet Market in Gresham for products to make you and your pet's life better. Our knowledgeable staff love pets.

Nature's Pet Market

901 SW Highland Drive, Suite P

Gresham, OR 97080


Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine