Support Local Journalism!        

Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.

FONT & AUDIO

MORE STORIES


A house fire in the 2200 block of Northwest Fifth Street resulted in minor injuries and damage

COURTESY PHOTO: CITY OF GRESHAM - Gresham Fire and Emergency Services was able to stop a residential fire Tuesday morning in the 2200 block of Northwest Fifth Street. Gresham Fire and Emergency Services crews were able to prevent major damage to a home Tuesday morning, Feb. 12, thanks to a quick response time.

At 9:03 a.m. fire crews received reports of a residential house fire at 2290 N.W. Fifth St. Upon arrival, they found the homeowner attempting to control the flames with a garden hose through an exterior window. The crews were able to quickly extinguish the blaze.

One homeowner suffered mild smoke inhalation and had a hand injury when he broke the window to the basement, but otherwise no one was seriously hurt.

Gresham Fire wants to remind community members that when temperatures drop and more people use their fireplaces, it is important not to leave them unattended. Also ensure there is space between the fireplace and combustible items.

It is also important to make sure smoke alarms are in working order. Gresham Fire Life Safety Division recommends testing smoke alarms twice a year when you change your clocks. Smoke alarms more than 10 years old should be replaced.


You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.


Have a thought or opinion on the news of the day? Get on your soapbox and share your opinions with the world. Send us a Letter to the Editor!

Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by JoomlaShine.com | powered by JSN Sun Framework