Food & drink options
For updated restaurant and business information from the West Columbia Gorge Chamber of Commerce, visit westcolumbiagorgechamber.com.
Like many area restaurants and small businesses impacted by the coronavirus crisis, the Troutdale General Store in downtown Troutdale, and Sugarpine Drive-In by the Sandy River, now sit quiet and shuttered.
Both recently offered messages to customers.
A sign on the front doors of the Troutdale General Store reads: "After much consideration and with heavy hearts we have to announce that for the safety of our family, employees, and community we have decided to close until further notice. This decision does not come lightly but we want to keep everyone safe during this time. We already can't wait to be back as soon as possible and will continue to update everyone as much as we can."
In its most recent message to customers on Facebook, Sugarpine provides options to support the business:
"Hello friends! Due to the Stay at Home Order, we are no longer offering our Sugarpine Market pick up. But there are ways you can help if you're so inclined. We appreciate your support!
n Purchase Sugarpine Gift Cards for when we reopen. Twenty-five percent of these sales go to help feed our staff and their families.
n Make a donation if you are able.
n Purchase some Sugarpine Swag — hats, beanies, tees, totes, stickers — we've got some killer gear and now ship direct to your doorstep.
Thank you all for your support of our small business and all our staff who have worked so hard to bring Sugarpine to life these past 18 months. We will make it through this together."
To purchase gift cards or donate, visit sugarpinedrivein.com.
Meanwhile, the West Columbia Gorge Chamber of Commerce, which serves Fairview, Wood Village, Troutdale and Cascade Locks, has provided a list of local restaurants that remain open for food and beverage takeout, and in some cases, delivery services. Location, current hours, options for pickup and delivery, website addresses and phone numbers are included. As the coronavirus crisis creates ever-shifting circumstances, the information below is subject to change at any time.
Here is a list of restaurants offering takeout services in Fairview, Wood Village and Troutdale:
• Babushka's Cafe — 819 N.E. 242nd Ave., Wood Village. 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.; curbside pickup. Visit facebook.com/Babushkascafe/ or call 503-328-9535.
• Bandit's Bar and Grill — 108 E. Historic Columbia River Highway, Troutdale. 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.; curbside pickup and delivery. Visit facebook.com/TroutdaleBandits/ or call 503-328-8120.
• Bumpers Grill & Bar — 21935 N.E. Halsey St., Suite 100, Fairview. 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; pick up and delivery. Visit bumpersgrill.com or call 503-730-7339.
• Country Pride at Travel America truck stop — 790 N.W. Frontage Road, Troutdale. 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.; 4-7 p.m.; pickup. Visit ta-petro.com/amenities/restaurants/country-pride or call 503-666-1588.
• Dairy Queen — 26814 S.E. Stark St., Troutdale. 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.; drive-thru only. Visit dairyqueen.com or call 503-661-4565.
• Godfather's Pizza — 2503 S.W. Cherry Park Road, Troutdale. 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; curbside pickup and delivery. Visit facebook.com/gptroutdale/ or call 503-492-3300.
• La Costita — 25627 S.E. Stark St., Troutdale. 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; pick up and delivery. Visit lacostita.com or call 503-669-2362.
• Ristorante Di Pompello — 177 E. Historic Columbia River Highway, Troutdale. 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; curbside pickup and delivery. Visit dipompello.com/?local=true&location=Troutdale or call 503-667-2480.
• The Rock Fired Pizza — 22401 N.E. Glisan St., Wood Village. 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.; pickup and delivery. Visit therockwfp.com or call 503-328-8498.
• Shari's Cafe & Pies — 557 N.W. Phoenix Drive, Troutdale. Hours: 8 am. to 8 p.m.; pick up and delivery (free online). Visit sharis.com/locations/oregon/troutdale-oregon-cafe/ or call 503-667-9462.
• Siam Sushi — 165 E. Historic Columbia River Highway, Troutdale. 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; curbside pickup. Visit siam-sushi.com or call 503-618-8862.
• Taste of Village Chinese — 302 Historic Columbia River Highway; 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.; pick up. Visit tasteofvillagechinese.com or call 503-234-5094.
• Way Out Inn — 275 E. Columbia River Highway, Troutdale. Hours: 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.; curbside pickup and delivery; Visit thewayoutinn.com or call 503-489-5730.
• Ye Olde Pub — 202 W. Historic Columbia River Highway, Troutdale. 4-8 p.m.; pick up. Visit yeoldepubtroutdale.com or call 503-328-9303.
• Yu's Garden — 366 N.W. Frontage Road, Troutdale; 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Friday, noon to 10 p.m., Saturday and Sunday; pick up. Visit facebook.com/Yus-Garden-816901371815484/ or call 503-665-8828.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.