While the centerpiece this weekend will be the lighting of Gresham's 70-foot ponderosa pine by Mayor Travis Stovall, City Council and Santa Claus, there are plenty of other activities scheduled to get everyone in the holiday spirit.
The 2021 Spirit of Gresham Holiday Tree Lighting event will run from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 4, in the Gresham Arts Plaza, 488 N.E. Third St. But in the hours leading up to the gathering, many downtown businesses and organizations will be offering their own fun for the whole family.
From discounts and holiday treats, to live music and activities for kids, here is everything going on this Saturday in downtown:
- Bar 33, 33 N.W. First St. — $7 peppermint patty drinks for 21 and over
- The Moss Works, 15 N.W. First St. — 2-6 p.m. free live plant ornaments
- Sugar Cubed, 101 N. Main Ave. — 2-6 p.m. DIY take-home cupcake decoration boxes
- Asian Thai Bistro, 120 N. Main Ave. — free samples and 50% off Thai iced tea
- Shop Girl Consignment, 111 N. Main Ave. — 2-6 p.m. live models and music by The Bylines. Mulled wine and cider
- Fox Trot Vintage, 227 N. Main Ave. — halls decked for Christmas
- Frenzi Frozen Yogurt, 234 N. Main Ave. — 4-6 p.m. phone calls to the North Pole
- The Low Road Bar, 400 N.W. Miller Ave. — $7 peppermint patty drinks for 21 and over
- Maggie Mae's Kids Bookshop, 43 N.W. Third St. — 10% off all holiday and winter books
- U.S. World Class Taekwondo, 39 N.W. Third St. — 2-6 p.m. keepsake 2021 ornament decorating
n Whimsy Burrow Children's Resale Boutique, 343 N. Main Ave. — 2-6 p.m. ornament making crafts
- Center for the Arts Foundation with The Yellow Pineapple and the Gresham Barlow Youth Baseball/Softball League, 333 N. Main Ave. — 2-6 p.m. family crafts, popcorn and more
- The Hoppy Brewer, 328 N. Main Ave. — 6-9 p.m. live performance by The Johnathan Smith Trio playing holiday groovy jazz. Winter brews on tap
- iCandy, 344 N. Main Ave. — 4-6 p.m. cookie decorating
- The Historical Society of Gresham, 410 N. Main Ave. — 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. make your vote for the Gingerbread House Competition and visit the fully-decorated History Museum with displays of nutcrackers, Santa Claus, snowmen and more. $5 for visitors 5 and up, includes a free Gresham ornament
- Dan Anderson Martial Arts, 301 N.E. Roberts Ave. — 2-6 p.m. face painting for kids and families
- Redfred Productions, 271 N.E. Third St. — 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Holiday Bazaar featuring local artists
- Pediatric Therapy Services, 304 Hood Ave. — 4-6 p.m. family holiday crafting
- City of Gresham Tree Lighting, 488 N.W. Third St. — 6-7:30 p.m. free bites, cocoa, light display from the Holiday Light Cruise presented by Gresham Ford, and the lighting of the Gresham Christmas tree
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.