Jr., Southern Oregon
• Pernich pounded home 19 kills with a 14.9% attack rate during the Raiders' five-set win over Eastern Oregon to force a tie atop the Cascade Conference standings. Pernich scored set point in the third and put up a block that forced an Eastern error on match point to take the fifth set 17-15.
Reynolds graduate Kadyn Jones finished with 14 digs.
Soph., Boise State
• Johnson placed 14th overall and was the third Bronco through the finish line at Saturday's Mountain West championship race. She covered the 6K distance in 20:44.38. Boise State finished third in the team tally.
Sr., Western Oregon
• Turner, a starting right tackle, helped pave the way for 232 rushing yards in Western's 45-14 win over Simon Fraser on Saturday The Wolves improved to 6-3 on the season.
Sr., Warner Pacific
(David Douglas, '16)
• Armah scored less than two minutes into the match during Sunday's 5-3 loss to the College of Idaho. He finished the season fourth on the team with 11 points (five goals, one assist).
Soph., Warner Pacific
• Guthrie came up with a season-high 14 saves in the Knights' 3-0 season-ending loss to the College of Idaho on Saturday.
This edition of College Corner appears in our Tuesday, Nov. 5, print edition.
Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It costs just a few cents a day.)