Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.

FONT

MORE STORIES


Students in the Hilhi health building were evacuated after a contractor hit a gas line.

A ruptured gas line outside Hillsboro High School has been repaired after being hit by a contractor Friday morning, Oct. 4, officials said.

Several classrooms in the high school's health building at 3285 S.E. Rood Bridge Road were evacuated around 8:40 a.m.

"Everyone is safe; however, due to the odor, students in the health room, weight room and gym were moved to a different building," according a Friday morning safety alert from the Hillsboro School District.

By 10 a.m., Northwest Natural Gas shut off gas to the building and students were cleared to move back in, said Beth Graser, a spokeswoman for the district.

Gas was restored to the building at 2 p.m.


Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It costs just a few cents a day.)

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine