Hillsboro fire destroys two mobile homes, but seven occupants are safe
Seven people and two pets escaped, but two mobile homes and a car were destroyed, in a fire Wednesday morning in Hillsboro.
Firefighters from Hillsboro and Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue responded to the blaze, which broke out around 10 a.m. in the 5800 block of Northeast Jacobson Street. Officials said the cause was the improper disposal of fireplace ashes in a recycling bin two days earlier. The fire ignited a structure and then spread.
No injuries were reported. The mobile-home occupants had evacuated before firefighters arrived.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.