Hillsboro Police Log: July 12-18, 2020
Sunday, July 12
• Officers stopped a 24-year-old man driving on Northeast John Olsen Avenue near Brownstone Street. He was arrested for driving under the influence of intoxicants.
• A van parked in the 800 block of Northeast Caden Avenue was spray-painted with graffiti.
Monday, July 13
• A green 1998 Geo Metro was stolen from the 2600 block of Southeast 39th Loop.
• A car was parked overnight with the windows down on Southwest Oak Street at Southwest Armco Avenue, and an unidentified suspect stole the owner's wallet, keys and speakers.
Tuesday, July 14
• An 18-year-old man was cited for third-degree theft after he was caught by loss prevention stealing energy and sports drinks from WinCo Foods, 1500 S.W. Oak St.
• An officer patrolling a neighborhood found a gray 1998 Jeep Cherokee parked on Northeast Ninth Place at Shelly Court. The Jeep had been reported stolen in Beaverton, and the owner was reunited with her vehicle.
Wednesday, July 15
• Officers responded to a rear-end crash on Southeast Tualatin Valley Highway at Cypress Street. The 40-year-old woman who caused the crash was arrested for DUII and reckless driving.
• A 50-year-old man returned to Grocery Outlet, 354 S. First Ave., after being previously trespassed. He was cited for second-degree criminal trespass.
Thursday, July 16
• Mail was stolen after a locking community mailbox in the 1600 block of Southeast 58th Court was broken into overnight.
• Employees at Safeway, 2177 N.W. 185th Ave., reported a 24-year-old man and a 29-year-old woman stole several hundred dollars' worth of groceries and left in a 2003 Nissan Altima. Officers located the pair at a nearby apartment. The woman was cited for second-degree theft, and the man was arrested for second-degree theft and an unrelated felony warrant for failure to appear.
Friday, July 17
• A car parked in the 100 block of Northeast Third Avenue was struck by another vehicle, which did not stay at the scene, nor did the driver leave a note.
• An unidentified suspect stole a water heater after breaking into the garage of a home in the 6100 block of Southeast Polyantha Street.
Saturday, July 18
• Following a party at his home in the 100 block of Southeast 12th Avenue, a man discovered his pistol had been stolen.
• A 49-year-old man was arrested in the 1000 block of Southeast Maple Street on a misdemeanor warrant.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.