Hillsboro Police Log: July 19-24, 2020
Sunday, July 19
• A white 1993 Honda Accord was stolen from the parking lot of Target, 11095 N.E. Evergreen Parkway.
• A blue full-size pickup truck failed to yield for an oncoming car in the intersection of Northeast Cornell Road and Brookwood Parkway, and it clipped the back end of the car. The man driving the car suffered minor injuries. The pickup truck drove off without stopping, and no license plate number was obtained.
Monday, July 20
• A bicycle was stolen from the back patio of an apartment in the 8500 block of Northeast Quatama Street.
• A 37-year-old woman was arrested at Southeast Second Avenue and Washington Street on a felony warrant for failure to appear.
Tuesday, July 21
• A woman living in the 3100 block of Southeast Brookwood Avenue discovered her identity was used to open a fraudulent cellphone account.
• An unidentified suspect threw a rock into the windshield of a car parked in a carport in the 8600 block of Northeast Trailwalk Drive.
Wednesday, July 22
• Officers responded to a rear-end crash on Southeast Baseline Street at Fifth Avenue. The 37-year-old man who caused the crash was arrested for driving under the influence of intoxicants.
• A silver 2015 Chevrolet Camaro was reported stolen from a dealership lot in the 4500 block of Southeast Tualatin Valley Highway.
Thursday, July 23
• The front door of a restaurant in the 1200 block of Northwest 185th Avenue was broken out overnight, and the cash register was stolen.
• A business owner in the 5900 block of Northeast Ray Circle found a box dumped by her garbage can. The box was full of items that appeared to have been stolen off people's porches.
Friday, July 24
• A man punched another man in the face at a restaurant in the 900 block of Northeast Orenco Station Loop. He ran and he was found a short distance away by a K-9. Officers arrested him for fourth-degree assault and probation violation.
• A leaf blower and trimmer were stolen from the yard of a church in the 1300 block of Northeast 21st Avenue.
Saturday, July 24
• All four tires on a car were slashed while it was parked overnight at WinCo Foods, 1500 S.W. Oak Street.
• A 29-year-old man was arrested for DUII after he fell asleep behind the wheel while waiting in a drive-through line at a restaurant in the 7300 block of Northeast Butler Street.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.