Hillsboro Police Log: Aug. 30-Sept. 5, 2020
Sunday, Aug. 30
• An officer stopped a car driving at a high rate of speed on East Main Street near Northeast Century Boulevard. The driver, a 26-year-old man, was arrested for drunken and reckless driving.
• A white pickup truck hit another car in the parking lot of McDonalds, 2090 S.E. Cypress Street. It drove away without stopping after crashing.
Monday, Aug. 31
• An 81-year-old man died of apparent natural causes in the 600 block of Northeast Sundance Court.
• An officer stopped a speeding car on East Main Street near Northeast 55th Avenue. After being stopped, the driver, a 23-year-old man, tried to switch spots with his passenger, a woman. When the officer tried to speak with the man, he got out and ran. A K-9 found him nearby hiding in a shed. He was arrested for DUII, felony driving while suspended, attempt to elude police officer on foot, and an unrelated felony warrant from Lane County.
Tuesday, Sept. 1
• An unidentified man was seen driving into an apartment complex parking lot in the 1000 block of Northeast Briarcreek Way, where he dumped four bags of trash into the dumpster before leaving.
• A man living in the 1400 block of Northeast Edgefield Street discovered fraudulent charges on his credit card account.
Wednesday, Sept. 2
• A 40-year-old man was cited for second-degree theft after he was caught shoplifting merchandise from Sportsman's Warehouse, 10645 N.E. Tanasbourne Drive.
• A stolen white 1993 Ford F150 was found in an apartment complex parking lot in the 600 block of Southeast Eighth Avenue.
Thursday, Sept. 3
• A man's wallet was stolen as he shopped at Target, 2295 S.E. Tualatin Valley Highway.
• A 36-year-old woman was arrested for a felony warrant in the 1700 block of Northeast Darby Street.
Friday, Sept. 4
• A 36-year-old man crashed his car through a fence at the Washington County Fairgrounds, 801 N.E. 34th Ave. He moved the damaged vehicle under some trees near a barn to try to hide it. He was cited for failure to perform duties of driver when property is damaged and driving uninsured.
• An officer found a blue 2009 Mitsubishi Galant parked at Albertson's, 7500 W. Main St. It was listed as stolen from Hillsboro, and it was reunited with its owner.
Saturday, Sept. 5
• An unidentified suspect cut a fence and damaged a water pipe at the Old Spaghetti Factory,
10425 N.E. Tanasbourne Drive.
• An unidentified suspect stole numerous items from a truck parked in the 1900 block of Southeast 24th Avenue.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.