Hillsboro Police Log: Suspect spotted drinking beer at station
Editor's note: Police logs are a partial accounting of law enforcement calls, based on activity reports and descriptions generated by participating police departments. All persons accused of a crime are legally considered to be innocent until proven guilty.
Monday, May 2
• Packages were stolen from the front porch of a residence in the 1500 block of Northeast Grant Street.
• A gray 2001 Ford F-150 with a black canopy was reported stolen in the 2500 block of Northeast Century Boulevard.
Tuesday, May 3
• A man and his friends had too many drinks and took an Uber to the 5900 block of Northeast Ray Circle. Once there, one of the men became upset and broke several outdoor lamps and a flower box. The damage totaled over $1,000.
A woman was taken to the hospital for mental assistance after she was reported to be eating glass and trying to drown herself in the 1400 block of Northeast 105th Way.
Wednesday, May 4
• A woman was arrested on a restraining order violation after going to the home of a person with whom she was not supposed to have contact, apparently intending to spend the night, in the 2200 block of Southeast 53rd Avenue.
• A man drank a beer while standing in front of the police station in the 200 block of Southeast 10th Avenue. Officers subsequently arrested him for violating the terms of his probation.
Thursday, May 5
• A woman was reported to be laying down in traffic at the intersection of South First Avenue and Southeast Walnut Street. She was taken to the hospital for mental assistance.
• Multiple fragrances were reported stolen in the 11000 block of Northeast Evergreen Parkway by a suspect who then left on foot.
Friday, May 6
• A woman reportedly attacked two people in the 700 block of Southwest 185th Avenue before leaving the scene in a Budget rental truck.
• A woman was arrested for theft in the 6900 block of Northeast Cornell Road. As part of the same call, a man was arrested on an outstanding warrant.
Saturday, May 7
• A woman was arrested for DUII (alcohol) after crashing her car near West Baseline Road and Southwest 215th Avenue. A blood alcohol test confirmed she was driving well above the legal limit.
• A man was arrested for assault IV related to a domestic disturbance in the 400 block of Southeast Heathcliff Court.
Sunday, May 8
• A man was arrested after a shoplifting spree in the 900 block of Southwest Baseline Street.
• After being trespassed from a business in the 200 block of Southeast Fourth Avenue, a man returned to camp in the doorway. He was arrested.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.