Brought to you by Lake Oswego's Michael Wise - Michael Wise & Associates, P.C. - LEGAL INSIDER -

Michael Wise - Michael Wise & Associates, P.C.Should your loved one suffer serious injury or death due to the wrongful act of another person, you have the right to sue that person.

Called a serious injury or wrongful death lawsuit, this claim allows the family or estate of the injured or deceased person to file a lawsuit against the person who is legally liable for the injury or death.

Wrongful death acts include: careless driving, an intentional attack or assault, vehicular manslaughter, medical malpractice, occupational exposure to hazardous conditions, murder or death in the course of another crime, etcetera.

In terms of compensation, examples include: a child might be entitled to compensation for the loss of a father as well as the amount of financial support the child would have been entitled to from the now dead parent while a minor. A wife could recover damages for the loss of her husband's love and companionship and a lifetime of expected support. And a parent would be eligible for damages for the loss of companionship but not support of a child.

Should your family experience such a loss, you should consult an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible.

Our firm has successfully handled hundreds of wrongful death cases over the last 25 years, against both public and private defendants. We are here to help you and your family during these difficult times. Should you have any questions, please feel free to call us.

Michael Wise & Associates, P.C.

385 First St., Suite 221

Lake Oswego, OR 97034


Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine