Do you know the warning signs of brake failure?
No one wants to find out their brakes are gone the hard way — by losing their brakes and colliding with a tree.
Before this happens, most drivers experience a number of warning signs that their vehicle's brakes are veering toward failure. Here's what you need to be aware of when it comes to your brakes:
1. Listen to your brakes. Squealing or grinding noises are signs that your brake pads are wearing thin.
2. Brake pulsation when coming to a sudden stop or after applying the brakes for a long time isn't a good sign. That typically means your rotors are warped.
3. When your car pulls to the side, you have frozen brakes, brakes that are out of alignment, or fluid leaking on the brake pads or shoes.
4. Stopping distance — When your car takes longer to stop than you're used to, you may need a brake adjustment, new brake linings, or a replacement power booster.
5. If your brake pedal seems soft or spongy, there may be excess air in the brakes.
To protect you and your family from losing your breaks, Vic's Auto strongly encourages all our customers to have your brakes checked once per year and to have your brake fluid changed every two to three years.
If any of the above sounds like your own car, now is the time to call Vic's Auto Center for an appointment. Our technicians are experts in making sure your brakes are working in top condition.
Vic's Auto Center
15880 Boones Ferry Rd.
Lake Oswego, OR 97035