ADA releases coronavirus handout for dentists
As we watch the progression of the coronavirus and it's handling, your dental/medical offices should observe basic actions to prevent the spread of any virus and protect you and your family.
First and foremost, if anyone has flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough and shortness of breath, they should stay home! Those with any symptoms should wear a facemask so as not to transmit any contagions further.
One of the first things you will see in our office is hand sanitizer and masks. These are there to share with anyone who is concerned about possible exposure. Our providers, for decades, have worn gloves, masks, eye protection and gowns during procedures to protect themselves and our patients from contamination.
How can you avoid being exposed to this or any virus? Follow these steps:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick or have symptoms
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
• Stay home when you are sick
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue away
• Clean and disinfect surfaces frequently
• Wear a facemask if you have symptoms or might be exposed to others who are sick
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds
• Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol when soap/water are unavailable
We hope a vaccine will soon be discovered. However, this may be the new normal. We must all adopt these habits to stay safe and prevent the spread of all viruses.
Lake Grove Dental
16455 Boones Ferry Rd.
Lake Oswego, OR 97035