Support Local Journalism!        

Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.

FONT & AUDIO

MORE STORIES


Campaign is closing in on $2 million fundraising goal



PATINKINA three-day phonathon fundraiser for the nonprofit Lake Oswego Schools Foundation last week collected $53,671 from 129 supporters.

About 50 volunteers called community members to ask for contributions during the April 21-23 phonathon. The Foundation has set a $2 million goal for the current campaign, which is about $300,000 more than it received in 2013-14.

To date, the Foundation has received $1.35 million in pledges and donations, according to Executive Director Sara Patinkin.

Patinkin wants to boost participation among local families by 5 percentage points above the 50 percent who gave money last year. At 43 percent, the participation rate already is nearing that target.

In February, the Foundation received the most it ever has at a phonathon — $304,000. A November phonathon collected $85,000, and donors gave $86,785 during the Foundation’s luncheon in February.

This month’s phonathon was the last of the campaign, which officially ends June 30. But there still are opportunities to donate.

On May 12, many local restaurants will donate a portion of their proceeds to the Foundation. Yodelish will give 20 percent of its receipts, Patinkin said, while Lake Theater & Café, Pizza Schmizza, Flying Pie Pizzeria, Subway, Tucci Ristorante, Accessories from the Heart and Baja Fresh will each donate 15 percent. During a “Burgers in the Breezeway” event May 12, Zupan’s Markets will donate 5 percent of burger sales. Zupan’s also will host a shopping day May 13, during which it will donate 5 percent of grocery store proceeds to the Foundation.

School captains, who lead Foundation fundraising at their schools, will continue reaching out to parents as well. Hundreds of supporters will help attract more volunteers and collect donations.

About 95 percent of donations to the Foundation are allocated to teachers’ salaries, with the remaining 5 percent paying for bank fees, marketing and audits. About $1.7 million in campaign dollars this school year are supporting the salaries of 18 teachers, who are distributed among all primary and secondary schools in the district, in electives and in core classes.

Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by JoomlaShine.com | powered by JSN Sun Framework