Test your Bryant Elementary IQ
Community members will gather for an ice cream social from 1-4 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 8, to celebrate the role Bryant Elementary School played in the lives of so many Lake Oswegans — before it is demolished to make room for the new Lakeridge Junior High School.
Organizers of the party are gathering old yearbooks, first/last day of school pictures, class pictures, T-shirts, field day ribbons, carnival prizes and photos to help attendees remember the good ol' days, but how much do you really know about the school?
Here's a quick quiz to test your knowledge. The answers are below, but no peeking!
1. When was Bryant Elementary built?
2. Who was Bryant's principal when it opened?
3. Who was the school superintendent?
4. How many square feet is Bryant Elementary?
5. What's the total number of classrooms?
6. What was the school mascot? How about the school colors?
7. What were Bryant's two unique design features?
8. What was the cost to build the school?
9. Who was the school named after?
10. Did the school have a gym or cafeteria?
And a bonus: What does Waluga mean?
Answers: 1. 1966. 2. Charles Actor; 3. Dr. Russell Esvelt; 4. 47,260; 5. 20; 6. Beaver, gold and blue; 7. Classroom clusters and a covered play area; 8. $608,146; 9. Charles Wesley Bryant; 10. No, but it did have a kitchen. Bonus: wild swan.