LOFD responds to garage fire near downtown LO
A "well-involved" garage fire was contained by Lake Oswego firefighters early Monday morning on 3rd Street near the downtown area.
According to Lake Oswego Fire Marshal Gert Zoutendijk, the fire — which was reported around 5:50 a.m. — was caused by a resident mixing epoxy and leaving it unattended for a short period of time.
"(The) fire was extinguished quickly while LOPD went to neighboring homes to evacuate people as a precaution," Zoutendijk said in an email. "No injuries, but we did have someone drive over our fire hose that was connected to the fire hydrant at 2nd and B, damage the hose and putting our firefighters at risk."
LOFD estimated that the fire caused about $35,000 in damage.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.