Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.

FONT

MORE STORIES


Emergency personnel respond to fire that destroyed one home, damaged another

One home was destroyed and another was damaged during a fire Dec. 2. Lake Oswego Fire Department, Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue and Portland Fire and Rescue responded to a house fire on Oriole Lane Monday evening around 7 p.m.

One home was destroyed and the exterior of a second home was damaged.

"When we showed up the fire was coming through the roof and basically out of every window of the house," said Gert Zoutendijk, LOFD fire marshal.

No one was home at the time of the fire but there was a dog unaccounted for that Zoutendijk believed perished in the flames.

Zoutendijk said the fire was most likely caused by a fire in a fireplace that was burning too hot. The resident had a fire burning Sunday night and thought the fire had burned out by Monday morning. Zoutendijk said that after completing the fire investigation, it looks like the fire continued to smolder in the wall all day, eventually breaking through into a full-blown fire by nightfall.

COURTESY PHOTOS: GERT ZOUTENDIJK  - A house on Oriole Lane was destroyed by a fire Monday night.The fire was most likely caused by a fireplace burning too hot.




You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.


RELATED STORIES

- Lake Oswego home catches fire, considered 'a total loss'


Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine