Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.

FONT

MORE STORIES


I am sure you are like me in that you want as much certainty as possible about what is happening.

I am writing this to give you an overview of what is happening in the City. Before doing that, I would like you to please accept my thanks for the way the vast majority of our population has responded to this awful situation, both by following the rules and by displaying tremendous generosity in physical and financial ways. Again THANK YOU. I also extend my thanks to the City staff who have continued to work under difficult conditions and a lot of pressure to lighten the load for our citizens and provide as much guidance and help as possible. STUDEBAKER

I know this whole situation is tremendously frustrating for all of us. Keep in mind, please, that our Lake Oswego elected officials and employees are not the decision-makers with regard to what is closed, what is open or when those rules change. Personally, I hope we make the move toward "normalcy" sooner than later, and pass that message on to State of Oregon and Clackamas County officials. And, I can understand why our public health officials are being cautious. To a certain extent the City is also being somewhat cautious because we do not want to open activities up and then have to close them. I am sure you are like me in that you want as much certainty as possible about what is happening.

In Lake Oswego, we held off as long as we could before closing the library and the parks. Right now 70% of our staff is physically reporting to work. That includes operations and maintenance people, police and fire. The other 30% are at home working, which often requires more time to get things done because of the need to schedule meetings, difficulty of getting time with others and so forth.

Again, thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kent Studebaker is the mayor of Lake Oswego.


You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.

Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by JoomlaShine.com | powered by JSN Sun Framework