High school football keeps on rolling in Week 8
Tonight may not mark the ultimate round of 2018 high school football, but it's close.
Tonight, in the penultimate round of the 2018 regular season, we've got huge matchups in the Three Rivers League, more in the Mt. Hood Conference and more yet in Class 5A's Special DIstrict 1.
With all of this week's big games going on, you just know that Pamplin Media Group's sports editors, reporters and photographers will be out in force to document the action.
Pamplin Media Group continues and builds on its role as a state leader in high school football coverage this fall, presenting its work more quickly and sharing it more broadly.
We, as a company, are now posting our high school football stories and photos to all our websites as soon as possible following each Friday night's contests.
And once they're posted, by clicking on the Prep Football tab that's now part of each of our websites, visitors will be able to see all the stories and photos posted by our sports reporters and sports editors, not just those particular to their home schools and home towns.
To see the Prep Football tab, just hover over the Sports tab at the top of the page.
Featured games from our upcoming slate of high school football coverage will be:
Friday, Oct. 19 games:
• No. 2 Lake Oswego (3-0 in TRL play, 6-1 overall) at No. 8 Tualatin (1-1 in TRL play, 6-1 overall), 7 p.m.
• No. 7 Tigard (2-1 in TRL play, 6-1 overall) at No. 5 West Linn (2-1 in TRL play, 5-2 overall), 7 p.m.
• No. 13 Central Catholic (2-0 in MHC play, 4-3 overall) vs. No. 10 Barlow (2-0 in MHC play, 5-2 overall) at Stapleton Field, 7 p.m.
• No. 16 Sherwood (2-0 in Pacific play, 3-4 overall) at No. 9 Liberty (2-0 in Pacific play, 5-2 overall), 7 p.m.
• No. 21 Parkrose (3-2 in SDI-E play, 4-3 overall) at No. 13 La Salle (4-1 in SDI-E play, 5-2 overall), 7 p.m.
• No. 23 St. Helens (2-3 in SDI-W play, 3-4 overall) at No. 12 Forest Grove (3-2 in SDI-W play, 5-2 overall), 7 p.m.
• No. 5 Scappoose (4-1 in SDI-W play, 5-2 overall) at No. 35 Cleveland (0-5 in SDI-W play, 1-6 overall), 7 p.m.
• No. 17 Molalla (1-3 in SDI play, 2-5 overall) at No. 1 Banks (4-0 in SDI play, 6-1 overall), 7 p.m.
• No. 22 Crook County (1-3 in SD2 play, 3-4 overall) at No. 6 Estacada (3-1 in SD2 play, 6-1 overall), 7 p.m.
• No. 32 Gervais (0-5 in SD2 play, 0-7 overall)at No. 26 Chemawa (0-4 in SD2 play, 0-5 overall), 7 p.m.
To see tonight's complete schedules, click here and then click on the classification of your choice.