Lake Oswego equestrian team makes its mark at TRV, state meets
There wasn't much that the Lake Oswego High School Equestrian Team didn't accomplish this season.
The Lakers finished their 2019 season as Tri-River Valley district champions and state reserve champions; the state meet was held May 9-10 at the Deschutes County Fair and Expo Center.
Among Lake Oswego's TRV district highlights were:
• Sophomore Emily Glascock was high-point champion, won gold medals in Hunt Seat Equitation, Western Horsemanship and Showmanship, and a bronze medal in Dressage.
• Senior Renee Kozlowski finished in the top eight in points, won gold medals in Dressage and Hunt Seat Over Fences, and silver medals in Hunt Seat Equitation and Working Pairs.
• Senior Caeli Griffin finished in the top eight in versatility high points, and won silver medals in Hunt Seat Over Fences and Working Pairs.
• Senior Caitlin Gaffney won a bronze medal in Driving.
• The In-Hand Obstacle relay team of Glascock, Kozlowski, Annie Davis, Griffin and Gaffney won a silver medal.
Glascock, Kozlowski, Griffin, Davis, Gaffney and Grace Rich all qualified for the state championships, and Glascock, Kozlowski, Griffin and Rich all placed high enough to qualify for the Pacific Northwest Invitational regional championships in June.
Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It costs just a few cents a day.)