LOACC: Did you know about Meals on Wheels?
Did you know…
• Lake Oswego runs its own Meals on Wheels program!
• The Adult Community Center delivers over 90 meals per day.
• Lake Oswego Meals on Wheels reimburses the city every year for the deficit of providing meals to our citizens who need assistance, all from donations.
• Recipients are both short-term and long-term, depending on their needs, and could not live without weekly assistance.
• Your donation helps provide nutritious meals to those who need help when life is a challenge.
• Your generosity means that older adults won't feel so isolated, and will have peace of mind knowing they have a reliable source of food.
• Your support gives them dignity and allows them to stay in their homes longer, knowing someone is looking out for them.
Your donations help the program provide these services. Whether your donation is monthly or annual, every dollar helps and is greatly appreciated. If you would like to donate to our local Lake Oswego Meals on Wheels, please visit https://lakeoswegomealsonwheels.org/ or mail your donation to MOW/ACC, PO Box 369, Lake Oswego OR 97034.
At this time, we are not able to host lunch in the dining room. We are offering Meals on Wheels to those that qualify and lunch to go for pick up. For more information on either option, please call the center. Lunch this week is as follows, Friday, June 4 – macaroni & cheese, Monday, June 7 – chicken pomodoro, Wednesday, Jun 9 – beef stroganoff. The cost of the meals is a suggested donation of $4 for those 60 and over and a $5 fee for everyone else. The lunch menu is subject to change without notice due to COVID-19. The LOACC is undergoing a remodel and the services are housed in temporary locations. For more information, please call the ACC front desk at 503-635-3758. A list of activities and support groups can be found on our website, loacc.info, using the menu found on the left side of the website, click on "Activities" and "Services" for more details. Call 503-635-3758 to register for classes, events, or to make lunch reservations.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.