Manufactured home fire at Crooked River Ranch believed to have started as flue fire.

SUBMITTED PHOTO - Crooked River Ranch firefighters continue to work to ensure that a fire in a manufactured home is completely out.A fire in a manufactured home at Crooked River Ranch early Friday morning resulted in the total loss of the residence.

According to Sean Hartley, assistant chief at Crooked River Ranch Fire and Rescue, the department was notified of the fire at 11480 NW Dove Road at 6:43 a.m.

Hartley noted that the "Initial arriving crew found smoke showing from the roof and eaves of the structure. Active fire was found between the ceiling and roof (attic space) inside the home."

"Initially, it was unknown if the structure was occupied. A search was performed and no one was found," he said. "The occupants, including their cat, had escaped the home and were located nearby with a group of onlookers."

"Crews were able to extinguish the fire and remained on scene for approximately three hours performing overhaul," Hartley said, adding that the department responded with six personnel and 11 volunteers, along with two engines, three tenders, one medic and three support vehicles.

"Extinguishment and overhaul were hampered by the overloading of contents within the home," he said.

The home and its contents, valued at about $280,000, were a total loss. Kelly Almond, of Pahrump, Nevada, owned the home, which was occupied by Jonathan Addington and Katelynn Cox.

The cause of the fire was believed to be a flue fire that extended into the attic space of the manufactured home.

"There were smoke alarms in the home, but they were not working," said Hartley, who reminded residents to check their smoke alarms at least twice a year to ensure they are functioning properly.

Redmond Fire and Rescue, Cloverdale Fire District and Deschutes County Sheriff's Office all provided mutual aid.

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine