FONT

MORE STORIES


Discarded fireworks believed to have started fire in garbage can that spread to attic.

A Madras structure fire at 12:09 a.m., on July 5, caused an estimated $100,000 in damage to a home on Bitterbrush Drive, owned by Alan and Deanne Hair.

According to Jefferson County Fire Department Capt. Kasey Skaar, the fire started in a garbage can outside of the house and spread into the attic above the garage. It is believed the fire was sparked by fireworks that had been discarded in the garbage can.

Fire crews worked quickly to knock down the fire before it could spread through the entire house, and crews spent hours checking for any extension of the fire. The occupants got out and no injuries were reported.

Five volunteers and 11 fire staff members responded with four fire engines, and one command vehicle. Damage to the contants was estimated at $20,000.

Contract Publishing

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine