The victim in the Sept. 6 shooting at Tops Trailer Park has still not been identified.

SUBMITTED PHOTO - Alejandro Pineda-ReynosoA 29-year-old man, Alejandro Pineda-Reynoso, of Madras, was arraigned Sept. 6, on a charge of attempted murder for a shooting at Tops Trailer Park on Aug. 27.

Appearing by video from the Jefferson County Correctional Facility, Pineda-Reynoso was charged with attempted murder and first-degree assault, both Class A felonies, and unlawful use of a weapon, a Class C felony. Court-appointed attorney Marcus Oatman entered not guilty pleas to the charges on his client's behalf.

Pineda-Reynoso, who was arraigned in the Jefferson County Circuit Court before Presiding Judge Dan Ahern, was charged in connection with an early morning shooting on Aug. 27. Law enforcement officers responded to a report of a shooting at Tops Trailer Park, at 23 NW Depot Road, at 2:30 a.m. that morning.

Deputies and officers from the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office and the Madras Police Department found a male, who had been shot multiple times, outside a trailer belonging to Pineda-Reynoso, but the shooter had fled the scene.

After obtaining and executing a search warrant at the trailer, police were unable to locate the supect, who was identified only by a nickname. However, through investigation, they identified Pineda-Reynoso as the suspect, and asked the community to be on the lookout for Pineda-Reynoso, who was "considered armed and dangerous."

In the original report, Undersheriff Marc Heckathorn noted that "Deputies used two tourniquets to control the injured person's bleeding until medics from Jefferson County EMS arrived and transported him to St. Charles Madras. The injured male was later airlifted to St. Charles Bend for further treatment."

Documents related to the shooting have been sealed at the request of the District Attorney's Office, and the victim's name and condition remain unknown.

Heckathorn said that the suspect and victim knew each other.

A day after the incident, Pineda-Reynoso walked into the lobby of the Sheriff's Office around 7 p.m. Aug. 28, and turned himself in to deputies without incident, according to Heckathorn.

At the scene of the shooting, the Sheriff's Office was assisted by Oregon State Police and the Warm Springs Police Department, which helped secure the perimeter of the location until members of the Central Oregon Emergency Response Team arrived. Detectives from the Tri-County Major Incident Team also assisted with the investigation, along with the Jefferson County District Attorney's Office.

Pineda-Reynoso's most recent arrest in Jefferson County occurred on July 31, when he was arrested for first-degree forgery, second-degree criminal trespass, third-degree theft, and possession of methamphetamine.

Both the crimes of attempted murder and first-degree assault are Measure 11 crimes under Oregon law, subject to mandatory minimum sentences of seven years and five months, and seven and one-half years, respectively.

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine