Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.



Kitchen fire results in estimated $3,000 in damage to stove at Madras Brewing.

SUBMITTED PHOTO - The cooking stove at Madras Brewing was the only thing damaged when the stove caught fire Sept. 28. Restaurant staff and law enforcement got the fire put out, but smoke still remained when the fire department arrived.
A stove fire at a Madras business caused an estimated $3,000 in damage Saturday afternoon.

The Jefferson County Fire Department responded to the report of a kitchen fire at Madras Brewing Co., at 212 SW Fourth St., at 3:56 p.m. Sept. 28.

Upon arrival, fire department personnel found that everyone was out of the business. In the kitchen, the fire was out, but there was still smoke remaining.

"Fire was knocked down by extinguisher used by staff and law enforcement," noted Capt. Kasey Skaar. "Fire crews overhauled area and checked for any extension of fire."

Skaar said that the $3,000 damage to the stove was the only damage found. "Fire started from a buildup of grease under stove that caught stove on fire," he said, stressing the importance of maintaining stoves and fire systems.

The Madras Police Department and Jefferson County Emergency Medical Services were also on scene.

You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.

Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by | powered by JSN Sun Framework