Candle likely cause of Metolius RV fire
On Monday, Jan. 25, neighbors in the Mt. View RV park in Metolius alerted the Jefferson County Fire District to smoke coming from an RV there.
The owner had left less than an hour earlier.
Interim Fire Chief Kasey Skaar believes a candle may have started the fire.
Firefighters resuscitated the owner's cat, Orphan Anni, who has been with her owner for 14 years. "She's my child," said the owner, who didn't want to be named.
The RV is not habitable at this point. Skaar referred the RV resident to the Red Cross for emergency housing.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.