Support Local Journalism!        

Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.


FONT & AUDIO

MORE STORIES


Fire crews rescued and revived a cat from the Monday, Jan. 25 RV fire in Metolius

PAT KRUIS/MADRAS PIONEER
 - Firefighters resuscitated a cat that was in an RV when it caught fire.

On Monday, Jan. 25, neighbors in the Mt. View RV park in Metolius alerted the Jefferson County Fire District to smoke coming from an RV there.

The owner had left less than an hour earlier.

Interim Fire Chief Kasey Skaar believes a candle may have started the fire.

Firefighters resuscitated the owner's cat, Orphan Anni, who has been with her owner for 14 years. "She's my child," said the owner, who didn't want to be named.

The RV is not habitable at this point. Skaar referred the RV resident to the Red Cross for emergency housing.

PAT KRUIS/MADRAS PIONEER - Crews extenguised a fire in an RV Monday, Jan. 25.


You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.


Have a thought or opinion on the news of the day? Get on your soapbox and share your opinions with the world. Send us a Letter to the Editor!

Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by JoomlaShine.com | powered by JSN Sun Framework