Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.



Jan. 6 fire at Madras restaurant started in fryer when work was done after hours

 - Madras Sonic Drive-In General Manager Jessica Taylor and her crew are open for business after a Jan. 6 fire. The franchisee had to replace equipment. No one was injured in the fire.

The Sonic Drive-In restaurant on Fourth Street in north Madras is open for business again, one month after a fryer fire closed it down. The drive-in opened Saturday morning, Feb. 6.

Shortly after midnight on the morning of Jan. 6, Jefferson County Fire District No. 1 responded to a call of smoke and fire coming out of the restaurant. They discovered a fryer on fire. 

Corey Joritz, a partner in the franchise, says a vendor doing business after hours caused the fire, which caused about $40,000 in damage. 

Joritz says the fire investigation is complete. Sonic simply needed to get all the new equipment into place to start business up again. 

Joritz says the employees are excited to get back to it.

You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.

Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by | powered by JSN Sun Framework