Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.

FONT & AUDIO

MORE STORIES


Family displaced, but no one was injured in the afternoon fire that started near a wood stove

A Culver family was displaced from their residence after a house fire Sunday afternoon, March 28.

According to a media release from Jefferson County Fire District No. 1, during high winds in the area, crews responded at 4:02 p.m. to reports of a fire seen on a roof from the intersection of C Street and Third Avenue in Culver.

Crews arrived to find a working fire in a small residence with flames showing from an exterior wall and pressurized smoke from the eaves. The fire was knocked down with a quick interior attack while the house was searched. No occupants were found in the home.

Fire damage to the home was limited to the area around a wood stove with smoke and heat damage throughout the structure. JCFD reports combustible material too close to an operating wood stove was the probable cause of the fire.

Occupants returned home while crews were still on scene. Red Cross was contacted to assist the displaced family. No one was injured in the fire.


You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.

Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by JoomlaShine.com | powered by JSN Sun Framework