Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.

FONT & AUDIO

MORE STORIES


Children and teachers at Oregon Child Development Coalition were escorted to a safe location as crews ventilated the building

Children and teachers were safely escorted across the street to a safe location Friday afternoon when there was a gas leak at the Oregon Child Development Coalition building on Northeast A Street in Madras.

Jefferson County Fire District No. 1 was dispatched to a hazard/gas leak at 3:04 p.m. April 30. According to a press release, a construction crew was on the scene, and workers had punctured a line while working with a shovel.

Cascade Natural Gas Company arrived on the scene and was able to pinch off the line. Fire crews ventilated the building and remained on the scene for 45 minutes.

Madras Police Department and fire crews assisted with escorting the people to a safe location.

No one was injured during the incident.


You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.

Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by JoomlaShine.com | powered by JSN Sun Framework