Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.


FONT & AUDIO

MORE STORIES


Two dogs died in Oct. 23 morning fire in the 900 block of Madison Street in Madras

Two dogs died in an apartment fire Saturday morning, Oct. 23 in Madras.

A media release from Jefferson County Fire District No. 1 reports that crews responded to a smoke alarm and smell of smoke in an apartment complex in the 900 block of Madison Street at 10:36 a.m.

On investigation, crews found a unit full of smoke. The apartment was searched quickly while the fire was being extinguished. The fire was contained to the kitchen area.

Two dogs were found deceased. The occupant was not home at the time.

The fire appeared to have originated on the stovetop and spread to nearby combustibles.

The Red Cross was notified for one displaced occupant. Madras Police Department and Jefferson County Emergency Medical Services provided mutual aid.


You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.

Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by JoomlaShine.com | powered by JSN Sun Framework