Madras man gets eight years for rape conviction
Ernesto Quiroz Jr., 25, will spend the next eight years in prison for rape. He pleaded no contest to two charges of rape, which court records say occurred in October and November of 2020.
Court documents detail the alleged victim's story. She described two instances where Quiroz forced her to have sex against her will, and times when he strangled her, once to the point where she couldn't breathe.
The incidents took place at his apartment on Southwest M Street and in his trailer in Topps Trailer Park. She didn't describe herself as his girlfriends, but said they had been intimate.
The police report described Quiroz as physically and verbally abusive when he was drunk.
The woman said Quiroz attended Madras High School but moved to California before he returned to Madras.
In May of 2021, also in Jefferson County, Quiroz pleaded guilty for not having registered as a sex offender.
In this case, the court dismissed several charges: three counts of first-degree rape, four counts of first-degree sodomy, one count of strangulation, one count of sexual abuses, and two counts of harassment.
Judge Annette Hillman levied her sentence for the rape conviction July 28 along with the stipulation that Quiroz is not eligible for early release, work release or reduced sentence.
First-degree rape is a Measure 11 offense, person-to-person crimes, which require mandatory minimum sentences and cannot be resolved through civil compromise.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.