Church will host blood drive on March 5
The American Red Cross will hold a blood drive from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. March 5 at First United Methodist Church, 1205 Deborah Road in Newberg.
The organization is especially looking for donors of Type O blood, but will accept any types during this Red Cross Month, organizers said.
Although walk-ins will be accepted, potential donors can make an appointment online by visiting RedCrossBlood.org or calling 1-800-733-2767.
McMINNVILLE -- The West Valley Chapter of Oregon Equestrian Trails will hold an informal presentation headlined "The Trail to Success" a 7 p.m. March 5 at the American Legion post at 126 N. Atlantic St. Speaking will be Rebecca Herron of Perrydale Trails. A no-host dinner will begin at 6 p.m.
The talk will center on training horses for the trail, safety tips, clearing trail obstacles and "healthy doses of humor and horse sense," according to a press release.
Oregon Hunters Assoc. slates its annual Yamhill County fundraiser
The Yamhill County chapter of the Oregon Hunters Association will hold its annual fundraising banquet March 21 at the Evergreen Space Museum in McMinnville. Funds raised from the event will remain in Oregon and be utilized for OHA projects benefitting wildlife, habitat and hunters, according to a press release from the organization. About 70 percent of the proceeds from the local fundraiser will be used for local projects, while the remaining 30 percent will go to statewide OHA efforts. Projects including planting forage and creating new water sources for wildlife, building nesting structures for waterfowl, protecting springs and riparian areas, and sponsoring youth hunter and outdoor education programs and events.
Ticket prices start at $45, while packages are available that include dinners and a variety of raffle tickets. (A one-year OHA membership is required with each group order). Membership includes subscription to Oregon Hunter magazine and a copy of the organization's calendar. Tickets for youths 12 and under are $20 if accompanied by an adult. For tickets or more information, visit www.ohayamhill.com or call 503-804-2843.
Up for raffle will be a variety of outdoor gear, including artwork, gifts and other items. Popular raffles by Les Schwab and Coast Farm & Ranch include for a Nosler custom rifle.
Bee enthusiast will speak at library
The Newberg Public Library will host beekeeper and educator Jeff Clark from 7 to 8 p.m. Friday at its headquarters at the corner of Hancock and Howard streets.
Clark, a mentor in the Oregon Master Beekeeper program and a past board member of the Tualatin Valley Beekeepers Assoc., will speak on bees.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.